Dr. Rafie Hamidpour
Department of Herbal Medicine, Pars Bioscience Research Center
14109 Cambridge Lane, Leawood, Kansas 66224, USA
Tel: (913) 432-0107
Fax: (913) 432-5708
E-mail: [email protected]
Received Date: August 03, 2017; Accepted Date: October 26, 2017; Published Date: October 30, 2017
Citation: Hamidpour R, Rashan L (2017) An Herbal Preparation Useful in Weight Loss. Transl Biomed Vol 8: No.4: 134. DOI: 10.21767/2172-0479.100134
Overweight and obesity are serious health issues in the United States. Defined by the National Institutes of Health, “overweight” refers to an excess amount of body weight resulting from muscles, bones, fat, and water. “Obesity,” meanwhile, describes an excess amount of body fat. While no single treatment method is effective against all cases of overweight and obesity, patients do have a variety of options. Diet, exercise, weight-loss drugs, and, in extreme cases, weight-loss surgery can all alleviate overweight and obesity. Less traditional treatments can also be effective. Humerus 3, a novel herbal preparation, is one such treatment. By safely and naturally decreasing hunger and increased feeling of fullness and therefore aid to suppress appetite among overweight individuals 3-7. Humerus 3 has been shown to promote a gradual decrease in body weight. This new form of treatment may be particularly helpful for those struggling with overweight or obesity. Pars Bioscience is pleased to be the first to make this novel remedy commercially available.
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, more than two-thirds of adults in the United States are considered to be overweight or obese. More than one-third of children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 suffer from the same condition [1,2]. Clearly, overweight and obesity are two of the most prevalent health concerns in the United States today. Overweight and obesity are both caused by metabolic imbalances that promote weight gain. Genes, eating habits, where people live, attitudes, emotions, life habits, and income can all lead to such metabolic imbalances. Overweight and obese patients are at higher risks of developing other health problems such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and stroke . Maintaining a normal body weight, therefore, is crucial for every patient’s health and well-being. The many factors that can cause overweight and obesity make treating these disorders difficult (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Pars Bioscience, LLC.
The only treatment that combats all forms of overweight and obesity is exercise. However, not all patients are physically capable of such activity, and any achieved weight loss is often slow and unsustainable. As a result, many overweight and obese patients must resort to weight-loss drugs, weight-loss surgery, or other treatment options. The novel herbal remedy Humerus 3 may be especially helpful for patients who have tried other treatments that have proven to be ineffective. By safely controlling appetite, Humerus 3 can promote sustainable and meaningful weight loss [3-7].
Humerus 3 is an herbal preparation that contains three Pharmacopoieal herbs that are combined in different proportions. These are:
• Zingiber officinale (Ginger)
• Nigella sativa (black seed)
• Foeniculum vulagare (Fennel)
• Plus 5% excipients
These carefully chosen herbs contains beneficial compounds such as Gingerenone A , nigellicine, nigellidine, thymoquinone, thymol, carvaacol , alpha-pinene, myrcene, transanthole 8 and others that may have beneficial therapeutic potentials as anti-inflammatory, hypolipidemic, anti-oxidant that ameliorate hyperlipidemia, oxidative stress and uppressing adipose expansion and other factors that contribute to obesity [8,10]. Finally, this preparation controls appetite naturally without considering the amount of food intake or the nature of the food; however, following a food regime with light fats and lower calorie intake will increase the potency of the preparation.
• Useful in gradual decrease in body weight.
• Useful in controlling appetite.
• Useful in eliminating the excess fats around the waist, humerus, buttocks and belly.
• Helps in maintaining the homeostatic mechanism of the glands that are responsible for releasing hormones that control the hungry and satiety functions.
Contradictions: None known
Thousands of females and males (aged 16- 75) suffering from overweight used this product. The protocol of treatment using Humerus 3 involved taking it before meals together with salads and also, were advised to exercise in conjunction with it. The results of this study showed that:
• The potency of the preparation in weight control clearly was observed during the first month of use in more than 75% of the objects using it.
• Prolonged intake of this product showed it may help in retarding obesity.
• The beneficial effects of this product are probably mediated by many transcription factors.
• This combination seems to act as adjunct therapy to improve the inflammatory parameters in obese individuals.
• No side effects were encountered when the preparations are used for long term.
• The expected loss in body weight averaged from 3 4 kg per month.
• In order to maintain a proper body weight after the treatment with Humerus 3, it is advisable to take it regularly 1 2 times a day.
• No serious side effects were reported from using Humerus 3, except that 3% to 6% of the cases experienced diarrhoea during the first four days of using it.
• It is recommended to take 1 capsule three times daily half an hour before meals.
• It is advisable to exercise in conjunction with taking Humerus 3.
• Avoid eating foods high in fat.
• Eat a diet high in vegetables.
• To maintain proper body weight, it is advisable to take Humerus 3 over a period of time, depending on how much weight you intend to lose.
Note: Can be provided as powder form.21218