Archives of Clinical Microbiology

  • ISSN: 1989-8436
  • Journal h-index: 22
  • Journal CiteScore: 7.55
  • Journal Impact Factor: 6.38
  • Average acceptance to publication time (5-7 days)
  • Average article processing time (30-45 days) Less than 5 volumes 30 days
    8 - 9 volumes 40 days
    10 and more volumes 45 days
Awards Nomination 20+ Million Readerbase
Indexed In
  • Open J Gate
  • Genamics JournalSeek
  • The Global Impact Factor (GIF)
  • Open Archive Initiative
  • China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI)
  • Directory of Research Journal Indexing (DRJI)
  • OCLC- WorldCat
  • Proquest Summons
  • Publons
  • MIAR
  • University Grants Commission
  • Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research
  • Google Scholar
  • Scimago Journal Ranking
  • Secret Search Engine Labs
  • ResearchGate
Share This Page
Recommended Webinars & Conferences

11th Global Medical Microbiology Summit & Expo

Edinburgh, Scotland

Immunohistochemical (IHC) study of ER and PR status of breast carcinoma in women of Pakistan

4th International Conference on Digital Pathology
August 22-23, 2019 Zurich, Switzerland

Muhammad Zohaib Qamar

Queens College, New York

Posters & Accepted Abstracts: Arch Clin Microbiol


Objective: To figure out and determine the association between estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) expression status along with histological grade of tumor in invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) of breast in Pakistani patients. Study Design: Experimental and observational study.

Materials & Methods: 106 cases of various histologic types of breast cancer were included during two year’s period (January 2015 to December 2016) were conducted and evaluated at Histopathology Department of Chughtai Lahore Lab Lahore Pakistan. We evaluated age, histologic tumor type, histologic tumor grade, estrogenic and progesterone receptors status by immunohistochemistry (IHC) along with information regarding tumor histologic grade of tumor in relation with status of estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR) receptors status from breast cancer patients suffering from breast cancer.

Results: 80% of cases were evaluated as invasive ductal carcinoma. Remaining 20% cases included as other histologic tumor types. The age ranges from 23 years to 82 years. 21 patients <40 years with mean age of 32 years and 8 and 84 patients were >40 years of age with mean age of 55 years were recorded. Majority of the tumors were seen to be having grade II (56.6%) followed by grade III tumors (20.8%). However, no case was seen to be involved with grade I tumor. Positive expression of estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR) expression are seen in 62% and 49% patients respectively.

Conclusion: In current study, age distribution among 106 patients concluded that women more than 40 years old had the higher incidence of breast carcinoma. Most dominant tumour type was invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC). Furthermore, Estrogen (ER) and Progesterone (PR) positivity manifested more drift towards tumors of grade II tumours in comparison to tumors of grade I and grade III tumors.

Biography :